Seven Ways To Extend The Life Of Carpet
Jim’s Carpet is committed to making sure our customers get the most out of the products they purchase. With that in mind, we have compiled this list to help you make sure your carpets stay beautiful.
- Make sure to put a quality cushion under it. The right cushion can make a big difference on the life of your carpet. Some companies will even extend their warranty when using a specific cushion.
- Vacuum often. One of the best and easiest ways to get maximum life out of your carpet is to keep it clean. It’s recommended to vacuum high traffic areas daily.
- Use walk-off mats. 70% of the dirt brought into a home is from the first step. Make sure that step lands on a mat. Don’t forget to clean the mats periodically.
- Rearrange the Furniture. This can change the traffic pattern in your room so that the carpet can wear evenly. It will also help reduce the pile crushing that can occur from the legs of furniture.
- Reduce periods of direct sunlight. Direct sunlight can fade carpets quickly. Consider using blinds or shades to prolong carpet life.
- Move heavy furniture correctly. Heavy wheeled items like buffets or pianos should not be pushed directly over carpet. Use a protective barrier (like plywood) between the wheels and the carpet.
- Professional Cleaning. Cooking vapors, air pollution, and tracked in dirt are all pollutants that regular vacuuming may not remove. A professional cleaning with hot water extraction is the most recommended procedure.